Monday, July 19, 2010

July 17-18 Beach and Beverly Hills





Since we got home so late on Friday night, our only plans for Saturday were to go to the beach in the afternoon and for Sarah and I to get out for a nice long walk. Well, Sarah's idea of a long walk is to walk in a pretty neighborhood and then to Costco to shop for some things for dinner. So our walk ended up being about 2 hours long! So, I can honestly say I've walked to Costco and carried home our loot! :-)
We headed to Ocean Park beach for some sand and sun and the girls built some pretty elaborate sand castles. The water current was very strong so we didn't go very deep in the water. It was the most family friendly beach I've been to in CA.
Cute Quote: On our way back to the car, we had to cross the street at a crosswalk. Jacob ran back to me and grabbed my hand because it was at the Do Not Walk sign with an orange hand. He told me that the "hold hands" sign was up. Can you tell we don't live in a big city with a lot of crosswalks? :-)

On Sunday morning, Mark's dad preached for the service and after their fellowship time under the pepper tree, Mom Gabb, Sarah and I headed to Beverly Hills 90210! We parked in a parking garage that said the first two hours were free...we neglected to look into how much the 3rd , 4th and 5th hours were, but we were parked there for four hours and we owed $12! YIKES! I guess we were in Beverly Hills near Rodeo Drive....what should be have expected, right?
We took a trolley tour where the guide took us in some of the residential areas and told us where some rich and famous USED to live. Julie Andrews and Mel Blanc were a few I recognized and remembered. She showed us the house where "Cheaper by the Dozen" was filmed too! Beautiful streets lined with a wide variety of trees. In fact, Beverly Hills is a Tree City with a huge amount of trees (100,000 sticks in my mind). After the tour, we window shopped a bit then found the "Crumbs" cupcake shop and enjoyed some cupcakes.
We came home to a nice grilled dinner made by the babysitting dads! What a treat! Then a marathon game of Phase 10 which will need to be continued tonight!

No comments: