Thursday, July 15, 2010

Are YOU Smarter than a 5th grader?


Steve, Sarah, Mark and I embarked on a marathon adventure this morning when we headed to the Sony Pictures Studio to attend a taping of "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" starring Jeff Foxworthy. We were among the last group to enter Studio 30 and thought to ourselves that we would for sure be up in the corner somewhere well out of sight of the camera. Well, we were pretty wrong about that! We were put on the front row and not only did we have good seats but it was "Celebrity" Are you Smarter than a 5th grader! So, I'm sitting on the end of the front row with about 4 seats to my left. The first celebrity was actually a country music band called "Trailer Choir"...two boys and a girl. Since only one could be on stage at a time, the other two came to sit in the chairs next to me! I will have to admit that I've never heard of them, but it was pretty neat to be sitting next to the stars of the show! The next celeb was Craig Morgan, another country singer. He was very entertaining as well! Then the third star was Dr. Drew. They finished up with the current Miss U.S.A Rima Fakih. The only bad part of the totally FREE day was that we weren't allowed to eat or drink or use the restrooms from 9:45 till about 2:45. So, by the end, I had the beginnings of a headache and I had to use the restroom and we had to wait until we got home!!! But we had a lot of fun and the kids did really well at home with Ama and Papa. They put on anther circus show for us after our ribs dinner. They are playing SO WELL together...I don't think my kids have played this hard in years!
My name is Angie Gabb and I'm definitely not smarter than a fifth grader... :-)

No comments: